Friday, April 18, 2008

So I am going to try and do this......


I have been thinking about trying a blog for awhile now, wondering if it will just become another thing on my to do list. But, I get so much from reading others blogs and I think it is a great way to share your joys, questions and struggles, even if just for yourself.

I am trying to sew some bags from Lotta Jansdotter 's Simple Sewing. Now, I admit I only have basic sewing skills but when I read her pattern it just does not make sense to me. I am making the simple tote and it seems like it skips some directions. I am just going to make them the way that it makes sense to me, but I find it frustrating that the directions are incomplete. I did really enjoy picking out the fabrics for them, lovely linens. If I was a more advanced seamstress I would love to make some cute summer skirts from some of these fabrics.

Spring is here in full force in the Northeast and I have an amazing feeling of renewal. I have managed to clean the leaves off  of my garden beds and the daffodils and tulips are in full bloom. All of my perennials are poking up from the ground and I know soon everything will be green and lush. I am always amazed that these plants come back year after year.

No comments: