Friday, April 18, 2008

Roadblocks and Success

I am having some difficulty completing any knitting projects lately and hopefully this picture explains it. My daughter - TT-( for tiny tornado )is very curious and she managed to do this in the 60 seconds I was in the bathroom. I had it in a bag up on a side table, yet she managed to get it down and pull it out that quickly. Never underestimate the ability of a curious 18month old!! The project is a scarf from One Skein by Leigh Radford. It really is very simple and I am almost done, I just need to find some time when I am alone to finish it.

Mothering a toddler is exhausting. I love seeing her develop and being curious is great but I feel a bit like a hamster on a wheel at times- going all day but never getting anywhere! 


I finally figured out the directions for the simple tote. I don't know now how it was not obvious the first 50 times I read it that you lay the contrasting fabric on top off the main fabric! I am very happy with how it came out and I am excited to sew my other fabric combinations together. The women in my family are having a girl's weekend in June and I am making each of them one and filling it with some fun things. It was fun to complete a project in one sitting. I have cut the fabric for the rest of the bags, just need to find some quiet time to sew them.


No comments: